Losing your job is tough. It’s even tougher when you have a mortgage and you have no savings or other support system. You may even risk losing your house. With Haventree Bank, things are different:
According to The Globe and Mail* (Link Below), it doesn’t have to be that way.
“Haventree has launched a first-of-its-kind program in Canada called NextJob. Essentially, it is designed to help people who have lost their job find new work.”
Why would a bank pay for a borrower’s job seeker program?
- This program creates positive word of mouth, good reviews, and referral business.
Customers helped by a business tend to stick around. “The average tenure of that customer increases when they go through NextJob,” Wilfred Pande, vice-president of mortgage servicing at Haventree That generates higher mortgage-renewal revenue.
It’s also a good way for Haventree to keep expenses down. “It helps us [economically] by having the customer stay in their homes.” That’s because of the many administrative costs of taking someone’s home, some of which are not recoverable.
There can be other financial benefits for a lender. A mortgage forbearance agreement, in which a lender agrees not to foreclose if the borrower meets the lender’s terms, could mean that the mortgage doesn’t show up in the lender’s bad loan statistics.
- Plus, it’s the right thing to do!
Homeowner reemployment helps banks retain customers, build new relationships, and ultimately keep people in their homes.
How does it work? Coaching, software, and webinars.
A Personal Trainer for Your Career
A job coach is like a personal trainer for your career. Your coach calls will help you:
- Craft and fine tune a resume, 30 sec. commercial, social media profile, etc.
- Choose a career direction to best tap their talents and background
- Stay focused, accomplish goals and interview with confidence
All You Need to Know in One Spot, Online
Tools and exercises to help be prepared, including a resume builderIt takes a lot. Job boards, social media sites, resumes . . . Our system gives you:
- Today’s networking tricks to tap the 50% of jobs that are “hidden”
- Guidance to the top job boards and how to use them
Downloadable Weekly Expert Webinars
Each week tune in to our JobTalk webinars for a deep dive in a key topic:
- Hear experts discuss best practices and leading trends you need to know
- Participate in group learning, share and hear from others
- Download recordings to listen to on demand