We invite you to join in on these valuable webinars where you will learn and practice essential job search tips and strategies. Attend as often as you like; be prepared to engage and learn. These sessions begin with a five-minute general Q & A time for coaching assistance and then we dive into each topic.
Tuesdays: 8 am Pacific, 9 am Mountain, 10 am Central, 11 am Eastern
- Join Here Meeting number: 667 351 163
- Audio connection: +1-415-655-0002 US Toll Access code: 667 351 163
Wednesdays: 2 pm Pacific, 3 pm Mountain, 4 pm Central, 5 pm Eastern
- Join Here Meeting number: 665 101 628
- Audio connection: +1-415-655-0002 Access code: 665 101 628
Please scroll down to find today’s session.
If you have any technical questions about how to join the webinar, please call Cisco WebEx for assistance
Tuesday, November 15
Build Your Elevator Pitch: Your Branding
You are your brand! Learn why it is important to be intentional about developing one as a job search strategy and how to begin. Leave with a personal branding statement for conversation, interviewing, your resume and more.
- Define your personal brand
- Identify the 5 steps to your brand development and communications
Wednesday, November 16
Leverage LinkedIn: Building Your Network and Your Visibility
LinkedIn is essential to every job search as more than 80% of employers use it to find and source for quality candidates! Learn what is most important and ways to expand your network for information and introductions. Leave with the confidence to do the following:
- Create a compelling profile
- Identify the 3 ways to get to recruiters and be seen
- Introduce yourself to 2nd level connections
Tuesday, November 22
Automate Leads: Navigating Job boards including Linkedin
Social Media and online applications have changed the landscape of how you successfully search for your next position. Linkedin is one of the most important job search tools you’ll find – now and for the rest of your career! Walk away from this session having practiced:
- Searching job boards and setting alerts
- Using Linkedin for research and job search
NO MEETING on Weds November 23rd due to Thanksgiving
Tuesday, November 29
Your Interview Preparation
Let us show you how a little front-end interview preparation and some tiny tweaks in your behavior can take you from overwhelmed to confident. What is a STAR story? A true example of the results and successes you have had in your past work. How you tell these stories makes the difference between you and another candidate. Be prepared for, and answer clearly, those ‘expected’ behavioral questions.
- Practice the 60-second commercial
- Use the STAR technique to build your stories
Wednesday, November 30
Networking preparation and practice
Given the choice, most employers prefer to fill positions without advertising. It saves money and time. More important, managers who do the hiring often believe the most suitable candidates are found through referrals. Did you know that 40% of the jobs available are not as visible as others?
- Write your networking script
- Practice networking on the call
Tuesday, December 6
Answering the Common & Difficult Questions
Interviewing is where the rubber meets the road. You must prepare your taking points well, have the behind the scenes purpose of the common questions asked and be prepared to answer the sensitive or even illegal questions once they are on the table. This session is strictly for practice.
- Introduce yourself using the elevator pitch
- Answering common and challenging behavioral questions